Wednesday, February 10, 2010

4 8 15 16 23 42

So I realize I haven't blogged in a while. Sorry about that!! I've been really busy trying to make amazing music and being with amazing people and I've forgotten about separating time to write about what's going on in my life.

Last time I blogged it was the beginning of my journey at CMC. Now here I am, one month into this amazing experience, and I've never loved anything more in my life. Other than Jesus.

This place is amazing. I've learned so much already and it's only been 4 weeks. Every single person here has already begun to change my life somehow. It never ceases to astound me how much God has already shown up here. All of us have already had so many awesome God moments, whether it's through our own music or someone else's. Through 4 hour long prayers sessions or deep meaningful conversations at 3 in the morning. God has manifested His love for us in so many ways I'm beginning to lose track.

This past week our first master recordings were due. It was intense. We sat in the cafe together and Tom and Warren literally iChated as we played our songs for the whole class to hear and commented on our tracks. It was incredibly nerveracking. These guys have been in the industry for YEARS, so they know what they're talking about. Overall, they liked my master, though there were a few spots that needed better mixing. It came out really cool though. Maybe I'll post it on here some time.....

This week at CMC live I'm going to be playing the bass and the djembe for one of the acts. It's gonna be funny. I'm not much of a percussionist or a bassist, so I'm not sure how this is going to go.

In about an hour I'm heading back into the studio and I'm going to start working on some new tracks to master. My goal is to have an EP by the end of the semester so that I can maybe start doing local shows and sell them. I'm actually also considering sending it in to some labels, but we'll see how that goes......

Also, I'm going to record one of my songs "Nameless" and see if I can send it to Not for Sale and/or Invisible Children to see if they'll use it for their campaigns. Again, well see how that goes......

Part of the reason I love everyone here is because we're all obsessed with Lost. I love anyone that loves Lost.

Well, that's all I can think of for right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment